Punjab Revenue & Public Relations Minister Mr. Bikram Singh Majithia today visited border areas in the Amritsar district to take stock of the make shift arrangements made for the villagers who have been shifted from the areas near Indo-Pak border.
- Mr. Majithia assured the people that every help and support would be provided to the shifted people by the Punjab Government. He said that the Government has decided to evacuate the 10 kilometer area along the Indo-Pak International border as a precautionary measure after surgical attacks by the Indian Army on Pakistani militants.
- The Minister said that people should not panic due to rumors but be cautious. He said that people of Punjab are very brave and even shown their strength in the past instances and wholeheartedly supported the National Cause. He said that we should cooperate with our Security forces as they are here to protect us.
- Mr. Majithia said that financial grant for these make shift arrangements has been released by the Punjab Government to the district administration. He said that six temporary camps have been set up in the area at Sugar Mill Village Bhalla, Gurudwara Guru Ki Baag Ajnala, Gurudwara Jago Shaheed Khiala, Senior Secondary School Bhakna, Senior Secondary School Khasa and Gurdwara Guru Ki Wadali Cheerata. He said that six more camps are being set up at various places. He further said that arrangements of food, accommodation, medical support, electricity, toilet facilities are also being made by the Punjab Government. He said that besides this green fodder is being arranged for animals.
- Mr. Majithia said that clear cut instructions have been issued to the police administration to protect the houses of the people who have been evacuated to the safer places. He also said that people need not panic as Chief Minister S. Parkash Singh Badal has asked the Union petroleum minister to increase the supply of diesel and petrol in the area.
- Mr. Majithia that the administration will provide all support to the farmers to cultivate the paddy crop and also appealed to the people not harvest premature paddy. He said that Punjab government is committed to ensure purchase of every grain of paddy brought to the Mandis.